Nadia was Here is a gorgeous pixel RPG that is inspired by 8 and 16bit classics. Featuring a groundbreaking combat system and a deep, charming story about the value of life, Nadia was Here lets you play an oldschool RPG in a brand new way.
Join the heroes of Nadia was Here on their quest. Fight epic battles with a battle system unlike any other, and develop your heroes in a completely new way. Explore a diverse world filled with classic dungeons and solve puzzles to unravel the mystery that plagues Amytah.
– Fast-paced battles: Mixing elements from time-management games and classic turn-based goodness for a truly unique real time experience.
– Develop your characters in a new way: Growing through learning new skills instead of leveling up, eliminating the need for random battles and grinding.
– Keep collecting: Gain new skills and become stronger during battles. Collect and upgrade powerful amulets.
– Engaging story development: slowly get to know the main characters, and grow to adore, love and hate them.
– Explore Amytah: Discover its many secrets and crack your brain on puzzle-centric dungeons.
Best Core Entertainment Game
Nadia was here is a big adventure that harkens back to the glory days of the JRPG. While it strips away the tedious bits like random battles and endless grinding it still provides a deep experience that will certainly please fans of the genre. Its battle system is unlike any other. It mixes the tactics of a turn based battle system with the excitement of a time management game, creating an experience that feels on one hand completely unique, and on the other familiar and “right.” The fact that the entire game is created by a single developer, from the uniquely coloured pixel art to the deep story about the value of a life, only makes the game that much more special.
Motivatie 2e categorie
Best Game Design
Nadia Was Here has a battle system unlike any other. This battle system mixes the tactical elements from classic RPGs with the excitement that comes with playing a time management game. The various skills and spells the chraracters can use are tightly designed, giving players a wide array of skills and spells to use while keeping the number of redundant skills to a bare minimum. Dungeons are filled with smart puzzles that keep you thinking but are never impossible or unfair.
Motivatie 3e categorie
Best Art Direction
Nadia was Here features great pixel art with a very strange but unique and cool color scheme. It actually gives a modern look while still keeping the old retro feeling.
Motivatie 4e categorie
Best Music & Audio
The music and sounds in Nadia was Here mixes chiptune music with some unconventional instruments like the bowed piano, tongue drums and gamelan instruments. This creates a unique but consistent sound.