Any game developed by a Dutch publisher or game developer may be submitted for a Dutch Game Award. In order to enter the competition a game must comply with the following conditions:
- The game has to be developed by a Dutch publisher or developer.
- The game has to be published or have an initial release between the 1st of July 2015 and the 1st of July 2016.
- The game has to be registered by its developers or publishers via the website www.dutchgameawards.nl
- Companies can register a maximum of 4 games for the Awards. Each game must be registered on a separate form.
- Games can be submitted in a maximum of 4 categories.
Online Video Makers
- The video was made by a Dutch maker situated in the Netherlands.
- The video was published between the 1st of July 2015 and the 1st of July 2016.
- The video has to be registered by its maker via the website www.dutchgameawards.nl
- Companies can register a maximum of 3 videos for the Awards. Each video must be registered on a separate form.
- Videos can be submitted in either the Live stream or the On demand category but not both.
For games there are the following extra conditions:
- Best Student Game – Open to any game developed by students who, on completion of the game, were registered as a student at a Dutch educational institution. A playable (demo) version of the game must be available.
- A game may be only entered one for the Awards. An exception will be made if a game has had substantial alterations such as early acces versus the final version. Als games that have previously been entered in the Student Category may enter their published version for the general awards. The organization and jury both have the right to deem a new version as not different enough to allow a new registration.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Each category will consist of 3 nominated games although the jury can, at their own discretion, choose to nominate a 4th game per category.
- At the beginning of September all nominees and other contestants will receive an email notifying them of all nominations. Furthermore, an overview of all nominees will also be published on the Dutch Game Awards website.
- The winners of the fourth edition of the Dutch Game Awards will be announced during the Awards Dinner in Utrecht on 27 September.
- Nominees will be required to attend the Awards Show on 27 September in Utrecht. Tickets for the Awards Dinner are not included with the nomination, but must be purchased by the nominee.
- The organization has the right to refuse games or videos it deems inappropriate or not conforming to the rules for registration.
- The decisions of the jury, concerning nominees and award winners, are absolute and cannot be contested.
- No correspondence concerning these decisions will be accepted.
- By entering a game for the Dutch Game awards the entrant explicitly acknowledges that he/she owns all IP rights related to the game, the delivered text and illustrations, and further acknowledges to having the legal right and position to grant permission for the use of the delivered materials within the context of the Dutch Game Awards and the Netherlands Film Festival.
- All entrants hereby consent to the use of any delivered materials for communication and marketing purposes related to Dutch Game Awards and in the communication by ImproVive and the Netherlands Film Festival. There will be no commercial or other use outside the context of Dutch Game Awards.
- In addition to the general disclaimer, ImproVive and their partners accept no responsibility for incorrect information or any abuse of the entry registration form.
- Measures will be taken in the case of abuse or manipulation.
Registration opens 3 June 2015 and closes on the 4th of July 2015.