Jewel Academy is a gem-filled, action packed game with a ton of levels to complete. You are the first wizard to go beyond the Jewel Academy and solve the mystery behind the colored magic gems. Collect enough stars to travel from one magic gate to the next and unravel the mysteries that keep the Jewel Academy occupied.
• Challenging levels that will put your puzzle skills to the test!
• Discover new worlds with every level you beat!
• Different traps and power-ups to discover
• Can you ace the ultimate test?
Match gems, challenge your wits and explore worlds!
Best Technical Achievement
Jewel Academy shows that with HTML5, players can enjoy native-quality games in their browser - whether playing the game on a PC, smartphone, tablet or smart TV. One game-build can be published across multiple devices, all browsers and within the app stores.
HTML5 is a still young but fast developing technology. In the last years, BoosterMedia has been pioneering in bringing games in the highest possible quality to any mobile or desktop browser. The company’s in-house studio strives to constantly raise the bar of what’s possible within existing web-technology and to provide a more fun and rich game experience. Jewel Academy shows this with its cross-platform approach, high-quality animations and audio, and on par with various similar and famous games in native app-stores.
Specific technical achievements in Jewel Academy are:
- Detailed animations and effects: effects which are a staple in console and PC games, were deemed impossible for HTML 5 until recently. Jewel Academy proves that even in browsers, without any plugins, high-quality "native-like" effects are possible.
- Detailed world map audio: as the camera pans, effects fade in and out. While a standard in any console or native game, this is one of the few - if not the only - HTML 5 game with this technical feature.
- Multi-platform: Jewel Academy is playable on any mobile or desktop browser and was featured in the Chrome web store.
Motivatie 2e categorie
Best Casual Entertainment game
Jewel Academy has the addictiveness factor that keeps people playing for hours... all for free and on any device. It's the perfect game for long or short sessions, at home or on the go. The levels are built like puzzles, each with the goal of letting players find an optimal way of reaching 3 stars; these are needed to progress on the world map. Player progress is not determined by an "energy mechanic" or by paying to play, but by performing well and reaching high scores. The levels are smartly designed, the audio and animations are up to par with native apps.
There different level types keep the experience interesting and the levels are tuned to provide a challenge - especially on later levels! Jewel Academy has a very detailed world map, with special audio effects and animations that add a sense of backstory to the gem-matching action.