Explore a universe of user-created solar systems and black holes in the Interstellar game. Create and customize your own unique solar system with planets, moons, asteroids and more.
See how far you can pilot the Endurance without running out of fuel, sling-shotting through solar systems with realistic physics and gravitational forces. Use wormholes to jump to new systems and see if you can survive the ultimate challenge of a black hole.
– Create your own solar system and share it with friends
– Customize planets, stars and asteroids
– Pilot the Endurance through friend’s and other player¹s solar systems
– See how far you can explore without running out of fuel
– Slingshot between planets and return research data to Earth
– Navigate past massive black holes
– Upgrade your ship to increase durability and range
– Earn mission patches for completing objectives
– Based on Newtonian physics with simulated gravitational fields
Kip Thorne collaborated with Sticky Studios on the official mobile and web game by providing paper excerpts and equations. The entire game is scientifically correct in respect to time dilation, gravity and energy.
Best Applied Game Design
Introduces complex physics and concepts such as time dilation, black holes, gravity, etc. to casual gamers.
Motivatie 2e categorie
Best Serious Game
See category one (we had difficulties identifying the exact difference between serious games/applied games).
Motivatie 3e categorie
Best Technical Achievement
- Both a 'solar system designer' and game. Gradually expands the galaxy with user created solar systems.
- Endorsed by theoretical physicist; engine physics and inner workings are designed according to Thorne's theories and concepts.