In collaboration with Qualcomm and WB Pictures, Sticky Studios produced and developed three interactive experiences forming a ‘gaming campaign’ to promote the film.
1) Jaeger Combat Simulator is aimed at a mid-core gamers audience. The training game allows users to equip their selected Jaeger with weapons and pilots, then entering the simulator to take on 4 missions battling the Kaiju. Custom created Jaegers (see 2) can be loaded in.
2) Jaeger Designer provides an easy-to-use interface to create a personalised 3D Jaeger. Users replace individual body parts, customise materials and add decals. The end result then can be shared as a film poster on social media, including Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook. The customised Jaeger can also be loaded into the Combat Simulator game.
3) We teamed up with Qualcomm on the Jaeger vs Kaiju app.
The first component is an augmented reality game where players use their mobile phone camera to project fully interactive Kaiju’s on top of a real-world object. A second component allows users to position a 3D Kaiju on a captured photo. The 3D object adjusts its reflection, creating an illusion of the object being present in the photo.
– 70% of the users playing Jaeger Combat Simulator completed the game.
– Average of 21 minutes engagement time (Jaeger Designer).
– Over 125,000 posters shared on social media.
– 4 month lead time.
By deploying a high-end browser game with rich visuals and audio design, a mobile Augmented reality game and a Poster Designer app (with the ability to take the designs into the game), we were able to: - target a segmented user base - cross-promote between the the apps - get users into experiences they otherwise would not know about (or avoid).