Any game developed by a Dutch publisher or game developer may be submitted for a Dutch Game Award. In order to enter the competition a game must comply with the following conditions:
- The game has to be developed by a Dutch publisher or developer.
- The game has to be published or have an initial release between the 1st of July 2013 and the 15th of September 2014.
- The game has to be nominated by its developers or publishers via the website www.dutchgameawards.nl
In four of the categories there are the following exceptions:
- Best Student Game – Open to any game developed by students who, on completion of the game, were registered as a student at a Dutch educational institution. A playable demo version of the game must be available.
Notice: To enable all students of the previous academic year to compete we are allowing all games developed no later than 15th of September 2014 to compete.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Companies can register maximum 4 games for the Awards. Each game must be registered on a separate form.
- Games can be submitted for a maximum of 4 categories.
- Each category will consist of 3 nominated games although the jury can, at their own discretion, choose to nominate a 4th game per category.
- At the beginning of November all nominees and other contestants will receive an email notifying them of all nominations. Furthermore an overview of all nominees will also be published on the dutchgameawards website.
- The winners of the fourth edition of the Dutch Game Awards will be announced at during the Awards Dinner in Utrecht on November the 25th.
- Nominees will be required to attend the Awards Show on November 25th of November in Utrecht. Tickets for the Awards Dinner are not included with the nomination.
- The decisions of the jury, concerning nominees and award winners, are absolute and cannot be contested.
- No correspondence concerning these decisions will be accepted.
- By entering a game for the Dutch Game awards the entrant explicitly acknowledges that he/she owns all IP rights related to the game, the delivered text and illustrations, and further acknowledges to having the legal right and position to grant permission for the use of the delivered materials within the context of Control Conference and the Dutch Game Awards.
- All entrants hereby consent to the use of any delivered materials for communication and marketing purposes related to Control Conference / Dutch Game Awards and in the communication by ImproVive and Control Magazine. There will be no commercial or other use outside the context of Control Magazine or Control Conference / Dutch Game Awards.
- In addition to the general disclaimer, Control, ImproVive and their partners accept no responsibility for incorrect information or any abuse of the entry registration form.
- Measures will be taken in the case of abuse or manipulation.
Registration opens in July 2014 and closes on the 15th of September 2014.